|Every amateur radio operator must do three things in their life...
1: Go to Dayton, 2: Visit ARRL Headquarters, 3: Attend the
Muscatine County Fairgrounds
101 N Clay Street
West Liberty, Iowa
West Liberty is:
45 miles west of the Quad Cities;
17 miles northwest of Muscatine;
and 15 miles east of Iowa City.
Gates Open At 7:00 A.M.
Gate admission: $7.00 with
1 door prize drawing entry.
14 & under, free admission.
Visitors using Interstate 80 should exit south at exit 259.
The Fairgrounds are just south of the business district.
Repeaters: 146.31/91, 192.8 Hz CTCSS
146.16/76, no tone
Pictures from our
- Outside Flea Market space is FREE with gate wristband
- Outside electrical hookup (fee required)
- Saturday evening pre-hamfest Wiener and Brat Roast at 6:00 p.m.
Wiener meal - $5.00 adults; $3.00 children - 12 years old & under.
Brat meal - $6.00 adults; $4.00 children - 12 years old & under.
- Extensive drive-in Flea Market
- Amateur Radio license exams, details below
- Overnight parking / camping
- Electricity available outside for a feee
- Electricity included for indoor vendor tables
- New radios, antennas and test equipment
- Dealers with wire, cable, connectors and more
- Computer dealers with new equipment & software
- CB equipment available in Flea Market
- Food & beverage on grounds
- Meet ARRL officials
- Educational seminars
- Door prizes!
- Grand Prize Drawing at 1:00 pm!
Hamfest Coordinator and Inside Table Contact:
Tom Brehmer, NØLOH
1114 East Tenth Street
Muscatine, IA 52761
Phone: (563) 263-3097
Make checks payable to
Southeast Iowa Hamfest
We can now accept table payments on the internet!
License Exam Contact:
Jerry Schroder Jr., KCØWWV
1815 F Avenue
Muscatine, IA 52761
Phone (563) 607-0793
Testing on Sunday
in the Midway Pavillion
Starts at 9:30 a.m.
No test after
- FCC License Exams for all classes. Walk-ins welcome.
- NCVEC Form 605 must be completed by the candidate and will be provided at
It also may be downloaded from the ARRL VEC.
- Examinees must present personal picture ID (no exceptions).
- If licensed, bring original and photocopy of current FCC license and/or
- Exam fee as allowed by FCC.
Last updated December 3, 2013.